Friday, September 18, 2015

Every Day In The Word

Many wonder why I go to church every day. Someone even thought I started working at the church, as if the only reason was because I had to.  I started attending daily mass a few years ago. The more I went, the more I needed to go. I can't think of a better way to start my day. In the word of God.  My daily mass community has become like family.  We pray for each  other,  we pray for you or maybe for someone you love that is struggling with the loss of a loved one, an addiction, an illness. We pray for thanksgiving, for answered prayers, for safe travels and for those who have no one to pray for them. We cover it all,  in prayer.  So when I'm asked for prayers, this is where I take them, to daily mass.  As a lector and an Extra Ordinary Minister of the Eucharistic I am also at times asked to serve.  I bring life to the word as a  part of the mass, as part of the body of the church. Every day in the word are life lessons and reminders.  The word may not be for me that day.  But it never falls on deaf ears. It may be for one of the many people in my path that day. It may be for you, someone you know, someone you love or for someone that needs to hear it. I carry the message of that word in my heart all day and it sustains me. It brings me a calm I never knew before. I don't go because I'm a saint, I go because I'm a sinner. Daily mass gives me life, forgiveness and I am healed by the body and blood of Jesus. I'm given a new chance, every day, to be better and do better.   That's why.

No comments:

Post a Comment